more ditloids
i thought these were fun and much better worded than the previous puzzle. sorry about that.
1) 714 = BN for SJF
2) 118 = E in a PT
3) 4 = Y between OG
4) 14 = P on an UF
5) 2357 = FFPN
6) 1969 = M on the M
7) 21 = GS
8) 366 = D in a LY
9) 7 = S of ON on a D
10) 6 = BC
11) 200 = D for PG in M
12) 2 = BG
13) 5 = V in the A
14) 4 = L of a Q
15) 15 = M of F
have fun!

28 Comments:
oh! i know #6!
1969=man on the moon. thanks to a song from even stevens, sung by ren:
we went to the moon, in 1969, not in 1968 or 1970!
we went to the moon, in 1969...
thank you disney channel, for improving me as a person.
3) 4= years between olympic games
8) 366 = days in a leap year
4) 14 players on an ultimate field
13) 5 vowels in the alphabet
let me knoew if you want hints!
5) 2357 = First Four Prime Numbers (thanks, JJ)
11) 200 Dollars for Passing Go in Monopoly
14) 4 Lines of a Quadrilateral? I don't think that's what you were going for...
15) 15 Minutes of Fame
wow lori, impressive!
ok here are some hints....
1) arts and entertainment
2) math and science
7) traditions
9) games
10) music
12) literature
I keep thinking (9) is something like 7 Sets of Odd Numbers on a D...
But I can't figure out what a D is.
And for (2) I wanna say "PT" is Perfect Triangle or something like that.
I'ma keep thinking about this.
for 9, i keep thinking D=dice, but i can't figure out S of ON (for some reason, i want to say Sons of ONassis)
lily!! you're so close!
OO I got one! I am so excited!
2) 118 elements in a periodic table. Yay!
9) 7 sets of odd numbers on a dice?
but that's not true...is it?
half of what you said is right. go look at a die =)
This comment has been removed by the author.
3 5 7 9 11 makes 5 odd numbers...or am i missing the definition of set?
even if you go by combinations, you'd have:
1+2 1+4 1+6
3+2 3+4 3+6
5+2 5+4 5+6
no?
7 Sets of Odd Numbers on a Die was what I originally thought, but didn't think it was possible, given there are only 3 odd numbers on a die.
But, visually, yes, it makes sense:
1
3
1 (1/5 of 5)
3 (3/5 of 5)
1 (1/5 of 5)
3 (half of 6)
3 (other half of six)
sorry lori, i think i'm just being dense...i don't get what you just said at all...1/5 of 5?
mmm... you're thinking too much into it.
it's not the nature of ditloids
I'm saying that if you look at the layout of the 5 on a die, you'll see that it's grouped 1-3-1. Might be easier to see if you hold it diagonally.
ATong is that not the right answer?
that's not the answer that was intended.
the answer has more to do w/ the holistic placement of numbers on the die rather than the dots of the numbers. if you have played parcheesi you may have run across this property of the die.
hmm I don't have a die in front of me but is it 7=sums of opposite numbers on a die? Like 1 and 6, 2 and 5, and 3 and 4. That would seem to make sense, especially if they are placed opposite of each other:).
Aaaaah yeah I think that's right. Nice Yelena!
I'm still having a tough time with the other 5. I feel like I should get the music one but it's not hitting me.
yay! hooray! good job
ok, here are some more clues
1) entertainment on a screen
7) military traditions
10) classical music
12) old old literature
7) 21 gold stripes?
12) 2 biblical genres?
1) something about a cop
7) bang
12) something along the lines of fairy tales
1) 714 = Badge Number for Sergeant Joe Friday
7) 21 Gun Salute
12) 2 Brothers Grimm
P.S. JJ got 12. I got 7. We combined for 1.
More puzzles!
awesome! and #10 was 6 brandenburg concertos. more puzzles to come later!
Post a Comment
<< Home